As part of the Children and Families Bill 2014, all schools in Redbridge are required to make available their Local SEND Offer to families which details how they can support children and young people with a special educational need and/or disability (SEND).
What will be included in the Schools’ Local Offer?
The Schools’ Local Offer will include information on:
- How the special educational needs of children are assessed
- Ways in which teaching is adapted to meet the individual special needs of pupils
- The training provided to school staff to help them meet the special educational needs of pupils
- How parents and carers and the pupils are involved in planning to meet these special needs
- The specialist support available both from the school and other agencies such as speech and language therapy or outreach support from a specialist teacher
- The accessibility of the school to pupils with special educational needs and disabilities
- The support and guidance offered to parents and carers